Dear Grandview Guest,
This Welcome Letter serves as a jump start to a few things you will probably want to know before you arrive. Upon your arrival the Office Staff will go through all of this with you and be able to assist with any reservations or bookings and of course any questions you may have.
- Grocery Delivery: This is a great service! If you’re interested in this service, we recommend contacting our local grocery store Kirk Market prior to your arrival via email (noted below). To order, will need to send an email with your grocery list . Customer Service will reply to confirm the order, costs and request payment details. Payment can be made by credit card and is required in order to finalize your order. You will need to provide them with your arrival date and condo number and they will then contact our office to coordinate delivery prior to your arrival. We recommend placing your order a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your arrival to guarantee this service. To place your order please email: ConciergeServices@ksl.ky
- Wines & Spirits: Are also available for delivery from local store Big Daddy’s; once again you can email your list to email@example.com. If you’re interested in GREAT wines/champagne you may email your request to Mario at firstname.lastname@example.org and once everything is paid & confirmed we take it from there to organize delivery as well. Here is their website should you like to browse their various wines http://www.caymanwineboutique.com/-wines.html (most of their selection is exclusive to the company).
Further to the information provided above, below are more helpful suggestions for activities, dining, tours & shopping for you:
- Local Cuisine and Dining: We recommend booking in advance. Here is a link to the Explore Cayman website http://www.explorecayman.com/category-business/restaurants-ALL it features a vast amount of restaurants including their websites, menus, and phone numbers.
- Restaurants a short drive from the Grandview that have local flavor are:
- Da Fish Shack is a great restaurant right on the water which features a variety of local cuisine. The breadfruit fries are my favorite! This restaurant is about 10 to 15 minute walking distance from the Grandview. Here is a link to their website with the menu: http://www.dafishshack.com/#!menu/c21ei
- Cayman Cabana is a wonderful restaurant on the waterfront which features great local catches from the sea. This restaurant is about 5 minutes down from Da Fish Shack. Here is a link to their website with the menu http://www.caymancabanarestaurant.com/#!cayman-cabana-menu/cfpj
- Cimboco is another great restaurant its Contemporary Caribbean restaurant that’s only 10-15 minutes away from the Grandview. Here is a link to their website: http://cimboco.com/menu.html
- Other recommendations for dinner that are in walking distance are:
- The Lobster Pot: a wonderful restaurant with a sunset view. Here is the link to their website: http://www.lobsterpot.ky/menus Reservations are required.
- The Wharf: is walking distance from the Grandview another beautiful restaurant with a view of the sea. Here is the link to their website: http://www.wharf.ky/ Reservations are required.
- Royal Palms Beach Club: is a lovely restaurant with an amazing ocean view its about 10-15 minutes away from the Grandview. Here is a link to their website: https://royalpalmscayman.com/menu Reservations are required.
- XQ’s: is a lovely restaurant it’s a 2 minute walk from us. The style is a modern/contemporary restaurant, they have amazing pizzas, pastas, & burgers. Their location is really convenient if you would like something tasty that’s very close by! Here is a link to their website which features their menu: http://www.xqs.ky/
- Thai Orchid: is another great restaurant it’s one of my personal favorites they have awesome Thai food and sushi; you can dine in or take out. It’s in a plaza located in front of the Grandview by the name of Queens Court. Here is a link to their website: http://www.thaiorchid.ky/
Below you will find information for local Waters ports - Stingray City is a must do :), Tours and Excursions companies here on island:
- Six Senses Eco Tours and Bioluminescent tours this is a must do tour for Cayman.
- Captain Marvin’s: has 3 types of trips for visitors: (For more information on pricing and times visit the website https://www.captainmarvins.com/ they also provide complimentary pick up from our property
- The Two Stop Trip to the Barrier Reef, or Coral Gardens and Stingray City. (2 hour trip with a choice of 2 stops)
- The Three Stop Trip to the Barrier Reef, Coral Gardens and Stingray City
- The Stingray Beach Lunch this trip features a Conch dive, Barrier Reef, or Coral Gardens, Stingray City, and Cayman Style fish on the beach.
- Cayman Turtle Center: https://www.turtle.ky Swim with turtles in a lagoon full of colorful marine life.
- Tours Cayman: has a different themed trip depending on the day of the week. He also does personal charters which should be booked well in advance to ensure availability. Some of his stops include: Stingray City, Starfish Pointe, Barrier Reef and even Rum Point. He also picks up guests from our office which is awesome and very convenient. Tours Cayman website is http://www.tourscayman.net/On-Island-Guest.html it includes information on pricing and tour times.
- Red Sails Sports: offers sails on a Catamaran boat the various sails. The weekly beach BBQ at Rum Point is amazing and highly recommended! For more information on these sails or to make a reservation their website is: http://www.redsailcayman.com/sail
- If you’re interested in shopping while your here Camana Bay is a great center with various different shops ranging from shoes, clothing, swimwear. They are also home to the only cinema on island and on Wednesdays they have a great Local Farmers & Artisans market from 12 – 6 pm. Here is the link to their website so you may get a feel for what they fully offer: http://www.camanabay.com
- Grandview Specials - We offer a specials at varied times of their year, including a 5th Night FREE summer promotion which gives you a complimentary pass for 2 to Stingray City (maximum 2 per booking) . for more information on this and our other specials please See our page for more details
Thank you for visiting our welcome page and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us!
The Grandview Team