This Welcome Letter serves as a jump start to a few things you will probably want to know before you arrive. Upon your arrival the Office Staff will go through all of this with you and be able to assist with any reservations or bookings and of course any questions you may have.
- Grocery Delivery - If you’re interested in this service, you may get in touch with our local grocery store Kirk Market prior to your arrival. The customer service rep is Liat-Leah Tekeka. To order, you send her an email with your grocery list items. She will reply to confirm the order and request CC details. Once everything is confirmed and paid for we take it from there and your groceries will be in your condo for your arrival. We recommend you do this at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival. Her email address is ConciergeServices@ksl.ky
- Wines & Spirits – Are also available for delivery from local store Big Daddy’s; once again you can email your list to email@example.com. If you’re interested in GREAT wines/champagne you may email your request to Mario at firstname.lastname@example.org and once everything is paid & confirmed we take it from there to organize delivery as well. Here is their website should you like to browse their various wines http://www.caymanwineboutique.com/-wines.html (most of their selection is exclusive to the company).
Further to the information provided above, below are more helpful suggestions for activities, dining, tours & shopping for you:
- For dinner reservations we recommend booking in advance. Here is a link to the Explore Cayman website http://www.explorecayman.com/category-business/restaurants-ALL it features a vast amount of restaurants including their websites, menus, and phone numbers.
- Restaurants a short drive from the Grandview that have local flavor are:
- Da Fish Shack is a great restaurant right on the water which features a variety of local cuisine. The breadfruit fries are my favorite! This restaurant is about 10 to 15 minute walking distance from the Grandview. Here is a link to their website with the menu: http://www.dafishshack.com/#!menu/c21ei
- Cayman Cabana is another wonderful restaurant on the waterfront which features great local catches from the sea. This restaurant is about 5 minutes down from Da Fish Shack. Here is a link to their website with the menu http://www.caymancabanarestaurant.com/#!cayman-cabana-menu/cfpj
- Cimboco is another great restaurant its Contemporary Caribbean restaurant that’s only 10-15 minutes away from the Grandview. Here is a link to their website: http://cimboco.com/menu.html
- Other recommendations for dinner that are in walking distance are:
- The Lobster Pot: a wonderful restaurant with a sunset view. Here is the link to their website: http://www.lobsterpot.ky/menus Reservation required!
- The Wharf: is walking distance from the Grandview another beautiful restaurant with a view of the sea. Here is the link to their website: http://www.wharf.ky/ Reservation required.
- Royal Palms Beach Club: is a lovely restaurant with an amazing ocean view its about 10-15 minutes away from the Grandview. Here is a link to their website: https://royalpalmscayman.com/menu Reservation required.
- XQ’s: is a lovely restaurant it’s a 2 minute walk from us. The style is a modern/contemporary restaurant, they have amazing pizzas, pastas, & burgers. Their location is really convenient if you would like something tasty that’s very close by! Here is a link to their website which features their menu: http://www.xqs.ky/
- Thai Orchid is another great restaurant it’s one of my personal favorites they have awesome Thai food and sushi; you can dine in or take out. It’s in a plaza located in front of the Grandview by the name of Queens Court. Here is a link to their website: http://www.thaiorchid.ky/
Below is some information on the tour companies.
- Six Senses Eco Tours and Bioluminescent tours this is a must do tour for Cayman.
- Captain Marvin’s has 3 types of trips for visitors: (For more information on pricing and times visit the website https://www.captainmarvins.com/ they also pick up guests from our office)
- The Two Stop Trip to the Barrier Reef, or Coral Gardens and Stingray City. (2 hour trip with a choice of 2 stops)
- The Three Stop Trip to the Barrier Reef, Coral Gardens and Stingray City
- The Stingray Beach Lunch this trip features a Conch dive, Barrier Reef, or Coral Gardens, Stingray City, and Cayman Style fish on the beach.
- Cayman Turtle Center https://www.turtle.ky Swim with turtles in a lagoon full of colorful marine life.
Tours Cayman has a different themed trip depending on the day of the week. He also does personal charters which should be booked well in advance to ensure availability. Some of his stops include: Stingray City, Starfish Pointe, Barrier Reef and even Rum Point. He also picks up guests from our office which is awesome and very convenient. Tours Cayman website is http://www.tourscayman.net/On-Island-Guest.html it includes information on pricing and tour times.
- Red Sails Sports offers sails on a Catamaran boat the various sails are: (For more information on these sails or to make a reservation their website is: http://www.redsailcayman.com/sail
- Breakfast with the Rays, Stingray City Sandbar & Rum Point Sail, Kittiwake & Reef Sail, Sunset Sail, Dinner Sail, and Red Escape.
- If you’re interested in shopping while your here Camana Bay is a great center with various different shops ranging from shoes, clothing, swimwear. They are also home to the only cinema on island and on Wednesdays they have a great Local Farmers & Artisans market from 12 – 6 pm. Here is the link to their website so you may get a feel for what they fully offer: http://www.camanabay.com
- Specials - Book 5 nights with us at the Grandview and receive your 5th night FREE! See our page for more details
I’m sure this was a lot to get through, as I said before if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us!
The Grandview Staff