Dear Grandview Guest,
Welcome to the Grandview. We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
This Welcome Page serves as a jump start to a few things you will probably want to know before you arrive. Upon your arrival the Office Staff will go through additional information with you and will also be able to assist with any reservations or bookings and of course any questions you may have during your stay.
Let’s begin, below you will find top items we find very helpful for our guests arriving to prepare in advance:
- Grocery Delivery:This is a great service offered by one of our local grocery stores – Kirk Market! If you’re interested in this service, we recommend contacting them prior to your arrival at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival to guarantee this service. To order, simply send an email with your grocery list to ConciergeServices@ksl.ky . Customer Service will reply to confirm the order, costs and request your payment details. Payment can be made by credit card and is required in order to finalize your order. You will also need to provide them with your arrival date and condo number. Once your order is processed they will then contact our office to coordinate delivery prior to your arrival. Happy Shopping!
- Wines & Spirits:
We recommend the following stores and they also offer delivery services! 😊
- Big Daddy’s – Just steps from our property, literally, you can email your list to email@example.com.
- Cayman Wine Boutique – if you are a conosuiver of great wines, champagnes and other unique beverages this is a great location. Reach out to Mario by email at firstname.lastname@example.org visit their site at http://www.caymanwineboutique.com/-wines.html
- Local Transportation:
- If you are not renting a car, the Public Bus service is available and easy to access. Cost is $2.00 CI p/p.
- Taxi cabs can be called directly from property and are less than 5 minutes away.
- Car rental also available close by should you wish to rent a car.
Further to the information provided above, below are more helpful suggestions for activities, dining, tours & shopping for you:
- Local Cuisine and Dining
For a list of all restaurants and their menu’s we invite you to visit Cayman Good Taste http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/. You can search by dish or by restaurant.
We recommend booking in advance during peak periods.
Some of our fave restaurants that are walking distance from the Grandview include:
- ICOA Café – Amazing for breakfast, lunch and dinner and especially desserts. A must try is the Chocolate Hazelnut Crisp cake – so good you can’t stop at one! 😊 And it is just steps away from our property.
- Peppers Grill – offering amazing local jerk chicken and more, is just a short walk from our property and they also feature live music on the weekends.
- The Lobster Pot: a wonderful restaurant with a sunset view. Here is the link to their website: http://www.lobsterpot.ky/menus Reservations are required.
- The Wharf: is walking distance from the Grandview another beautiful restaurant with a view of the sea. Here is the link to their website: http://www.wharf.ky/Reservations are required.
- Thai Orchid:is another great restaurant it’s one of my personal favorites they have awesome Thai food and sushi; you can dine in or take out. It’s in a plaza located in front of the Grandview by the name of Queens Court. Here is a link to their website: http://www.thaiorchid.ky/
Other recommendations for dinner that are in walking distance are:
- Cimbocois another great restaurant its Contemporary Caribbean restaurant that’s only 10-15 minutes away from the Grandview. Here is a link to their website: http://cimboco.com/menu.html
- Da Fish Shackis a great restaurant right on the water which features a variety of local cuisine. The breadfruit fries are my favorite! This restaurant is about 10 to 15 minute walking distance from the Grandview. Here is a link to their website with the menu: http://www.dafishshack.com/#!menu/c21ei
- Cayman Cabanais a wonderful restaurant on the waterfront which features great local catches from the sea. Their Farm to Table Thursdays are a must bursting with tons of local flavors and dishes!
- Royal Palms Beach Club: is a lovely restaurant with an amazing sunset beachfront ocean views its about 10-15 minutes’ walk away from the Grandview.
Watersports and Other Activities - Stingray City is a must do :), here you’ll find information on this and other Tours and Excursions on island:
- Captain Marvin’s:the originator of our infamous Stingray City Tour experience. They offer 3 types of trips for visitors, for more information on pricing and times visit the website https://www.captainmarvins.com/ they also provide complimentary pick up from our property.
- Cayman Turtle Center: Swim with turtles in a lagoon full of colorful marine life as well as a bird sanctuary. Visit https://www.turtle.ky for more information.
- Tours Cayman:has a different themed trip depending on the day of the week. He also does personal charters which should be booked well in advance to ensure availability. Some of his stops include: Stingray City, Starfish Pointe, Barrier Reef and even Rum Point. He also picks up guests from our office which is awesome and very convenient. Tours Cayman website is http://www.tourscayman.net/On-Island-Guest.html it includes information on pricing and tour times.
- Six Senses Eco Tours and Bioluminescent tours this is a must do tour for Cayman.
- Red Sails Sports:offers sails on a Catamaran boat the various sails. The weekly beach BBQ at Rum Point is amazing and highly recommended! For more information visit their website is: http://www.redsailcayman.com/sail
- Paradise Paddle – for a truly one-of-kind, local vibe experience, check out the awesome tours offered here. This unique, vibrant, excursion offers a variety of tours a beautiful snorkel area where you can learn all about the local mangroves as well, we enjoy a great time on their Ocean Platform anchored off with 4-7ft of shallow waters.
Visit here for more info: https://www.paradisepaddlecayman.com/ocean-picnic-adventure Mention Promocode: Grandview1 – you can also rental kayaks and paddle boards.
Local Artisans and the perfect places to find souvenirs:
Launa’s Caymanite and other Jewelry
Launa Green offers beautiful hand-crafted designs of Caymanite. Caymanite is a rare semi-previous rock found ONLY in the Cayman Islands. It is a hard dolomite formed during the Oligocene-Miocene epoch between 16 and 25 million years ago and features layers of colors in beautiful earth tones created by the different metallic content of the strata.
Beach Bubbles Tropical Artisan Soaps:
Located in the district of Bodden Town, these local homemade tropical soap and lotions make for a great gift or keepsake. With beautiful colors and scents such as Tropical Punch and more you can contact owner Nina Marie Squires for more details or to order at Email: email@example.com or T: 345-926-5812 / 203-971-8633.
Pure Art Gallery
An absolute must visit when here on island and our top recommended. They offer the most beautiful variety of local crafted paintings, jewelry, survivors, and so much more. Located in an old time Caymanian home it is the perfect welcome as you search for your perfect gift for a loved one. Visit their Facebook Page for more information here: https://www.facebook.com/Pure-Art-Gallery-Gifts-152087394860399/
Thank you for visiting our welcome page, we hope the information above has been helpful as you prepare to plan your upcoming visit to our property and island. And should you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us!
The Grandview Team